Someone would’ve thought that the summer should be quieter. Well, not for the OfficeRnD team. We did another 3 major and 10+ smaller releases since mid-July. We rolled out 20 new features and improvements and 25+ bug fixes. Let’s have a look.
Utilization Dashboard & Report
You can now monitor your in-depth utilization report and dashboard that will show you the performance of your Meeting Rooms (or other bookable by the hour resource types). Some of the key performance indicators that the report will highlight are:
- Total number of bookings and duration for the month
- Utilization % – the total duration of all bookings vs. the total available duration assuming the business hours of the space
- Average bookings duration
You can also see the data in more detail in the Reports / Resource Utilization table or export the data to excel.
Value-based Credits (coins)
You can now grant value based credits to your members – as part of their memberships or granted manually. The idea behind the value credit is simple, if you grant $100 worth of coins to a member, they can then decide whether to book 1h in the boardroom (for $50) and few hours in a small meeting room or another configuration.
The value credits are more flexible than the hourly credits as they give different options and variations for members to book resources. They can also be used for booking Hotdesks, Parking or any other bookable resource.
The value-based credits are available simultaneously with hourly credits so you can mix them up to your preferences.
The new credit system also comes with a much nicer and easier to use accounting and transaction log infrastructure. You will be able to easily see the Account Ledger (Transaction log) of all credit related transactions and easily report on the balance of each member.
Member Portal Product Pages
Your members will be able to open a product/plan in a separate page where they can see all the details about the plan before purchasing it. The new product pages are available both on the Signup page as well as in the internal member portal Shop page.
You can also send a deep link to a plan to any potential or existing member.
Native Meeting Rooms Display App
The waiting is over! Our native meeting room display app is finally available for download in both – Apple app store and Google Play.
RnD Rooms will allow you to easily display the current availability of the room and soon to book directly or check-in. You only need to mount an iPad or Android tablets in front of your meeting rooms and install the app. After initially signing up with your OfficeRnD credentials, the meeting rooms will load up and you only need to choose the room. Once connected to a room, the app will take care to lock the tablet and display the availability in full screen.
We’ll be pushing a lot of updates to the app and will add many new features over the next months as we’re very much dedicated to providing the best digital experience for your members.
Following are all changes in greater deatail:
- Resource (meeting rooms & desks) utilization dashboard
- Resource (meeting room & desks) utilization report
- RnD Rooms App – publish an official meeting room booking displays app in the Apple app store and Google Play.
- Value-based credits – create a setup where you can set value credits that can be used to book resources based on their rate.
- Booking policies – allow setting different options depending on member vs. non-member basis, such as ‘Require approval’, ‘Max booking duration’, or ‘Enable Recurring bookings’.
- Ability to define invoice export pre-sets, for example for Yardi finance or Sage.
- Enable the ‘require approval’ feature for one-off plans.
- Member portal product pages – allow opening more information page about the plan/product on the Signup page and in the internal Shop.
- Member portal improved multi-location support – Members, Posts, Events, Shop.
- Invoice Safe mode – Add an option to allow/disallow deleting/editing paid, voided and sent invoices.
- Membership Invoices History – Add a new view where you can track the membership invoice history in detail.
- Custom properties view and filter on Companies/Members pages.
- Improve contract length approval rule to allow NO MORE comparison.
- Allow setting Due Date before the Issue date – Xero and QB support that scenario.
- Purchase flow (signup and public booking) – allow requiring credit card without issuing an invoice.
- Signup Page improvements – separate Payment Details in another tab.
- Admins are allowed to cancel intersecting bookings caused by Google Sync.
- Export Credit Notes with minus sign.
- Improve PT-X Charge handler error handling to provide meaningful messages
- Invoices with Awaiting payment status are not calculated either as Paid or as Not Paid.
- Items with the same text in a credit note/invoice are selected/deselected together when one is clicked.
- Credit note of assigned one-off is added to the member instead of the company.
- MRR is not calculated properly on Space/Locations page.
- Desk count in Space/Desks is not correct – “Showing XXX desks from YYY” is not always accurate.
- You can update a booking to span on more than the allowed maximum booking hours in some cases.
- Re-allow editing an invoice’s Issue Date and Number.
- When an invoice has no location the sync with Xero/QB doesn’t display an error message.
- Custom domain name with cookie expiration results in being unable to open member’s portal until you close the browser.
- Booking guests do not receive emails in some cases.
- Bookings in the portal could be edited past the business hours if the times are typed in (rather than chosen by the pickers).
- Members API returns 500 when the ID is invalid or missing.
- The KPIs are wrong in some cases and not respecting the space (and location) time zone.
- When exporting Bookings, the “Resource” field is not populated in some cases.
- Members Portal item image is cut on left and right.
- Cancel bookings emails are not sent to members in some cases.
- Add Direct debit from the member’s portal is not working for Individual members.
- There is a way to add members with non-normalised emails.
- Automatic checkout with IronWiFi doesn’t work in some cases.
- Non-primary resources should not affect the Total Capacity (KPI) in the Space Growth chart
- When only one membership is Personal it still groups them together if more than 1 and marks them all as Personal.
- Editing memberships do not allow changing plans when there is a deposit.
- Fix UI glitches of the custom properties filter.
- Order summary does not have scroll and if you add more items you do not see Buy/Request button on small resolutions.
While we work on the next release, you can enjoy the holiday season and collected as much as possible sunshine, vibes, frape and good books on the beach. 🙂