July 15th, 2019 Release
Many improvements, new features, and bug fixes are packed in the first July release of OfficeRnD and we can’t wait to tell you about them so keep on reading.
OfficeRnD has a release every other week so we are quite used to them but this one is quite special. We are releasing new features and improvements that will allow you to customize the platform even further and cover more of your business processes.
— TL;DR —
Late Fees are the next big thing that now OfficeRnD allows you to automate. Charging a small fee for overdue invoices has been an annoying manual process until now. With this new feature, you will be able to spend this time in improving your community and be with your members.
There are numerous scenarios for how coworking organizations use Late Fees and we tried to cover as many as we could with our new feature. There are two major options which will define how you will use this feature:
– Applying a Late Fee once a set amount of days after an invoice has become overdue
– Applying Late Fees daily until an invoice is overdue
There are more settings you can configure in your organization so this works exactly as your business needs:
– How many days after an overdue status of an invoice late fees should start to be generated is absolutely in your control by adjusting the number of days in Settings -> Billing -> “We’ll generate late fees:” section.
– What percentage of the sub-total amount of the invoice (Total before TAX) the late fee should be.
– What the name of the generated late fees should be. This can be customized through the “Late fee item template” field on the bottom of the Settings -> Billing page.
All Late Fees generated will be invoiced with the next Bill Run (manual or automatic).
License, Lease and Membership agreements were not the contract types your space uses or maybe these types are not the status quo in your region – this is not a problem anymore. With this release of OfficeRnD, you can create your own custom types and use them instead of the three types we had previously.
In each contract type, you create, you will be able to customize a few things:
– What is the “Name” of the type
– Is an “End Date” required or not for this type
– What should be the “Default Notice Period”
– “Primary and Secondary Items” – this is a new concept in OfficeRnD and it will help you cover more complex contract scenarios. E.g. If you have an “Approval process” activated but you want it to respect only certain kind of items in your contract type, these kinds of items should be selected in the “Primary Items”. Items that should not be respected by the “Approval process” should be in the “Secondary Items”
– What “Documents” which should be appended by default to this type of contracts. E.g. The Terms&Conditions for this type of contract.
– What the default “Contract Template” for this contract type should be
Once you create your needed contract types you will see them in a table under Settings -> Platform -> Contracts tab -> Contract Types section. From there you can manage, duplicate, delete and enable/disable each of the types you have created. Only enabled types will be visible when adding new contracts.
Coworking spaces in which different managers are responsible for different departments (booking, finance, etc.) often having just single “From” or “Reply-To” email per location just doesn’t cut it. This is why we allowed organizations in OfficeRnD having different “From” and “Reply-To” email properties for 3 different groups of emails per location – booking related email, finance related emails, and general admin emails.
On top of that, we allowed you Cc and Bcc the admin notifications for these groups of email, again per group, per location. In this way, you can keep somebody posted, archive email, etc. without making these email addresses visible.
If you don’t want to do this configuration per location you can do it globally for your organization in Settings -> My Account -> Emails tab. Also, it is worth mentioning the Cc field from Settings -> Billing, which was used to Cc people on sent invoices no longer exists. Instead, you can use the Cc or Bcc field in the Financial category of your global or location settings.
Following is the list with all changes and updates included in this release of OfficeRnD:
We are constantly working on many new features, improvements, and fixes. Use our support channels if you want to submit feedback.